Monday, June 17, 2013

ChrySAlis

HELLO READERS (if anyone actually reads my crappy blog) so it's been awhile. I apologize for not updating cause of my hectic social life and schedules to meet countless people. HAHAHA AS IF. Okay it was because I'm lazy, so i'm going to be posting a few posts at one shot.

FIRSTLY, CHRYSALIS CAMP. Honestly I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I mean, I hate camps. I really do. And sleeping on the classroom floors and showering in school toilets aren't really my cup of tea, especially when the shower heads are BELOW MY CHIN. (Meaning I literally have to half-squat just to wash my hair. Not cool.)

But other than the not-very-good sleeping and showering conditions, camp was actually pretty fun. It lasted for only 3 days and well..it felt shorter than expected. So on the first day, we pretty much did nothing really. Just played some games and did some preparations for Amazing G(race) which I will explain more later. Then we were off to 'bed' and ready for day 2.

The second day was more interesting (I guess) We started off with a game in the morning, crawling and carrying each other through a 'spider web' haha luckily I didn't have to pay it cause the guys probably wouldn't be able to carry me. (Yes, I'm working on it. I want to gym but I can't. :( *ahemburdenankleahem*) 

 The guys carrying each other across haha it was pretty amusing

Then we had a talk by...damn i forgot his name. But it was an important person #closeenough. Then the rest of the day was just spent at workshops which were pretty..useful. Then after dinner, we sat down and HANDWROTE 1000 cards. Yes, a thousand. They were for our Amazing G(race) the next day so we attempted to rush through them annnddddd we finished them WOOHOO. 

 GROUP 5!!


Then after day 2 was over, the HC had a mini gathering till..12+ in the morning, cause why not HAHA 

DAY THREE! We started our Amazing G(race) in the morning. So basically we went around giving out cards with encouraging notes on them at MRT stations. It was a day filled with rejection HAHAHA it wasn't easy at all T^T

The boys in group 5!

Joshua and Gabriel! My mini team for Amazing G(race). That kid is really smart :O

Annnddddd HC girls doing what we do best.

Cause it's mandatory to take a HC group shot anytime, any place.
                                          
The awesomest group of people ever. Enough said.


Through this camp, I guess we all really learnt quite a bit. It definitely wasn't easy giving out cards to the public and I surely wouldn't want to do that again. ever. Though the camp was pretty boring/tough at some times, one thing I'm really grateful for is the friends I've made :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment